Suicide Warning Signs
Suicide prevention begins with knowledge. You can help save a life.
- Noticeable change in behavior.
- Signs of depression (sleeping problems, change in appetite, feelings of hopelessness, etc.)
- Alcohol or drug abuse.
- Obsession with death.
- Decline in performance or participation in activities.
- Suicidal gesturing or reckless behavior.
- Giving away prized possessions.
- Unusual purchases (weapon, rope, pills).
- Sudden happiness after a prolonged depression.
- Talking about suicide or dying.
- Withdrawal from friends or family.
- Previous suicide attempts.
- Statements about hopelessness, worthlessness, helplessness.
- Inability to concentrate or trouble remembering.
- Chronic pain or frequent complaints of physical symptoms.
Please download this resource, print and keep with you in case you need to help yourself, a loved one, or a friend.